Have you helped Tim fight cancer? Donate to the 2015 Second Quinquennial Antagony & Ecstasy ACS Fundraiser & Review Auction! The fundraiser ends 18 June, 2015!

And thanks to everyone who has donated so far!


09 June 2012

WELL, I'M BACK

My thanks to everyone who has commented over the last week - I know I didn't say much of anything, but I did check in from time to time, and it looks like some very smart things were said in my absence. I do not think, alas, that I will be able to take the time to respond to all of you, but rest assured that I've read each and every single comment, and enjoyed them all thoroughly.

So! I am back in Central Time, with a body and stomach that still think it's Eastern Time, and that's causing a slow & sleepy night; and as we all know, air travel sucks the life out of you. So I will not be posting today, just like I decided not to bother writing anything yesterday, on account of being on vacation and having crammed a week of blogging into two days to make sure that I didn't absolutely have to touch a computer for seven straight days. Be comforted in knowing that I did see my share of movies while gone, and they will start showing up on the blog, starting with my week-late, nobody-gives-a-damn review of last weekend's #1 box office champ, followed by Bond and the Sunday/Monday Blockbuster History entry and so on and so forth. In the meanwhile, I offer this musical tribute to the city of my recent vacationing, as taken from a movie that all of you should see right now if you haven't already.



Having not visited the Bronx, I cannot vouch for it being up, though the Battery certainly is down.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Prometheus!

RickR said...

^Yes. This.

I just saw it and can't wait to compare notes.

Mysterious F. said...

You're in charge of adding your own reviews to Rotten Tomatoes, right Tim? Please do so; any 10/10 review for Blade Runner is a review that needs to be included.